Sunday 21 September 2008

A disappointy sort of day

My day didn't quite go to plan really!

First Michael was meant to be playing football but had pulled his hamstring running with J the day before, so he was realy fed up about that.

Then my plans to meet up with a friend to talk about sling shopping went pear shaped, mostly because I am a scaredy cat on the phone and stupidly relied on emails to arrange times etc. Of course I forgot that she would be out all day and so not check said emails. Doh!

As a result we ended up dropping Victoria off a whole 20 minutes early home, because we were out and about, which was a first for J in his 11 years of seperation from his ex.

Then we went to pick up Amy from her friends house but there was no-one in! We managed to find them eventually but had to do a bit more driving around. It gave J the chance to show me a few houses around Heald Green that he had been eying up on the internet. I am not the remotest bit interested in moving house you understand. But he is having his annual rant about it going downhill around here etc etc. So I play along but am quick to point out the dodgy brickwork and the too-small back gardens (or what you can see of them from the road).

Once back home I dig out the Ikea catalogue and the tape measure. It has been our plan for a little while to sort out storage in our bedroom and I have been lusting after the Pax installation with all the swizzy storage bits inside. We would get a huge mirrored door and an oak one to match the Ikea bed we bought last month. But to my frustration I found the ceiling is too low where the bay window roof overhangs, by a hair's breadth. The pamphlet says we need a min ceiling height of 202cm for the 201cm wardrobe but we only have 201cm for quite a lot of the space where the run of cupboards will go.

So, do we look for another fitted affair elsewhere; buy a more freestanding option (which we have now together with all it's wasted space round plinths and legs); or take a stanley knife to our bouncy bedroom carpet and MAKE it fit- my personal favourite. But DH's response to this idea- "we won't be able to take it with us if we move."

Grumble.

No comments: